Friday, August 29, 2008

Lewis Reunion in Tahoe 2008

Dallin and Julia in front of the speed boat
Grace, Dallin and Eve all in pink
Most of the clan at Angora Lakes
Dallin driving the boat by himself
Julia enjoying the moments being a kid
Ryan loving the dirt and water

Jared trying to stay young by jumping off a cliff


What a blast everyone had! We all had a great time this year for our Lewis family reunion. We got together at Lake Tahoe this year and everything would have been perfect except for two things - Cameron was not there because he is faithfully serving a mission in Florida, and I had a horrible eye infection that made it very miserable. Other than that, everything was amazing! We stayed at my parents time share which was great! They had two Marriott condos that were right in the heart of South Lake Tahoe and everything that we needed was basically within walking distance. Each of the families had there own bedroom with a separate bathroom with a large family room and kitchen in each condo. It was nice at the end of the day to have a comfortable and clean place to relax in.

The first evening there, we walked to Baja Fresh and ate outside with the whole family. The kids had a great time playing with their cousins. Each night we would usually all watch the summer Olympics which was a lot of fun.

The next day, Saturday, everybody (except for my mom, myself and the little kids) drove to Truckee and went river-rafting. It sounded like everybody had a blast. It was a little bit of a struggle to juggle all the kids needs including different nap times and keep them all entertained in the condo, but I think that they had a good time too. My mom and I each took turns taking the non-naping kids on little walks nearby. That night the guys walked to a near-by movie theater to see the latest Batman movie.

On Sunday, everybody (except Ryan and I) went to church at a local ward. I was experiencing extreme headaches, total blood-shot and sore eyes. I took a nap with Ryan while it was quiet to hopefully get a little better. (It got pretty bad!) That afternoon we had a pot-luck dinner with the main dish being salmon that Brian had caught in Alaska when he had been visiting our uncle Jan a couple weeks earlier. We had some visiting time and games for the rest of the evening.

Monday we hiked up to some smaller lakes (I think they were called Angora Lakes). It was so beautiful! The water was really blue and the trees and mountains so majestic. Our family had rented a little boat with some paddles. Brian, Bradley, Callen and Jared were brave enough to climb up some cliffs and jump off them. I think the highest one was near 45 feet high! Crazy! Ryan had a blast splashing in the shallow water. Julia and Dallin felt like big kids because they got to go in the boat with all the older kids.

On Tuesday morning Jared was determined to rent a motor boat. I could tell that there was no way of talking him out of it so, I didn't even try. When word got around, everyone else wanted to go too. I stayed behind again because the bright light was hurting my eyes. They ended up renting a pretty big boat and a tube to pull people in. From the pictures it looks like they had a blast! That afternoon we hung out at the beach. The water here was really shallow so it was perfect for the kids. That evening we rented the movie Water Horse and just hung out in the condos.

We had to leave on Wednesday morning to head back home. My parents and a lot of my siblings stayed until Friday. What a great reunion and lots of fun memories. Here are just a few pictures of all the fun!

1 comments:

Callen "Lewis by Trade" Cooney said...

Pretty much the picture with the pink is my favorite picture ever, so cute, so classic. It was really fun. I was impressed with Jared jumping off those cliffs with us. He made the trip tons more fun, I am not gonna lie. You were a great sport btw. Hope all is well. Love you guys.