Monday, May 18, 2009

True brotherly love

Okay so the cutest thing happened yesterday that I just have to write about it. Last night when the kids were eating dinner, Ryan who is 19 months old right now was just being a real stinker. He was done with his dinner and starting to throw a fit about getting down from his booster seat and decided to throw his whole dinner on the floor with food flying everywhere. Jared was pretty upset because he had just swept the floor right before dinner and decided that Ryan needed a time out as his punishment. For convenience, I started our kids time out in the back yard right outside the glass sliding door. That way I could always keep an eye on them and they were locked out for a couple of minutes. So, Jared picked up Ryan out of his seat and put him outside for a "time-out". We have never put Ryan in a time out before and even though Dallin is a rascal to Ryan all the time - his brotherly instincts kicked in. He started saying, "No, Daddy, no! Ryan is just a baby (even though Ryan is almost as big in size as Dallin now). He can't be in time-out!" And then Dallin started having tears well up in his eyes. Let me tell you, it was just about the sweetest thing I have ever seen. As soon as we let Ryan in the house (granted Ryan thought that it was cool that he got to go outside during dinner) Dallin gave him a big hug! I know that it won't be like this forever, but I just have to remember and cherish these moments.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness Angela, that is SOOOO cute! I miss you and your adorable kids!

Maren said...

I just love moments like that!

Callen "Lewis by Trade" Cooney said...

They are wayy cute...I miss you guys, when are you coming to visit again??? hopefully for some summer fun. Hope you dont mind, I posted your blog link on my blog.