Thursday, July 21, 2011

We are going to miss the Shupes!








I don't even know how to begin this post without getting emotional. We have spent the last four years getting to know and love the Shupe family. We have spent birthdays, holidays, long summer days and so many other days hanging out with these guys. Even though we both just moved within a month of each other, it was still so hard having to say goodbye. Katherine has been like a sister to me and I love her kids like my own. There are very few people that I have come across in my life to where I could say that (as Anne of Green Gables would say) we were kindred spirits, but truly they were. Even though we only knew them for four years, it felt like we always knew them. The Shupes filled our families needs so well it made it easier to live so far from family.
*Note to Shupe family: Please consider moving back to San Diego after Japan. You are truly irreplaceable and we miss you guys so much!

0 comments: