Here at our new school that is literally just on the back side of the San Diego Wild Animal Park (I think it's actually now called Safari Park), the fourth graders get to do a lot of cool things with the Wild Animal Park. One recent fun thing was an awesome field trip where the kids actually get to spend the night at the park. What a lucky kid! They also bus the kids there to the Animal Park every other week to kinda have school there in a building where they focus on the plants and animals there for a day. I think that this is such an amazing experience ( I guess that this is actually the first year in a long time that they don't actually have school there every day!) Julia was concerned about the cost of the overnight field trip. We told her that we would pay for it if she kept her room spotless and bed made every morning before school for a whole month. I have never seen her room so clean - I just wish that she was always that moviated to keep it clean. Very quickly after the field trip her bedroom was back in the same state of clutter. Oh well, I just have to think of something else to get her excited about cleaning :)
Summertime Sweets
3 weeks ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment