Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Flu, Modesto and Bobby the Marshmallow








So Jared had this seminar thing that he was going to in San Francisco for the weekend and had offered to drop me and the kids off at my parents house while he was gone. At the last minute when I realized that we were having stake conference that weekend too I decided that we would go to my parents and I could have some help at church rather than trying to referee with three little kids in a church in the dark for two hours. :) Well, as it turned out it is good that we did go because the morning after we got to my parents house I came down with a terrible flu bug and was totally incapable of taking care of myself let alone my three little kids. Luckily my parents have the perfect backyard where my kids can disappear for hours in an imaginary world. It has a playhouse, a basketball court, swings, a trampoline and a dog and cat. What kid could ask for more? My sister in law Maren even came over with her kids so that they could have some cousin bonding time. They always have such a blast together! Even though I wish that I could have been feeling better, I couldn't have asked for a better situation because the kids were happy and taken care of. It was a short visit, but a sweet one too! Oh, and sometime when I was sick Grandma and the kids came up with Bobby the marshmallow. You gotta love grandmas!

1 comments:

lissiemarie said...

Hi! you updated! I haven't looked for a while and I love your pics. What a beautiful growing up family. Thanks for your comment on my blog and it is funny that severaly moms have one boy that gets hurt a lot. You have one too! hope all is well!