Friday, August 14, 2009

Dallin's 4th Birthday

Tyler and Dallin in their matching Star Wars shirts
Dallin showing off his toy that instantly became Ryans (anything from the Cars movie instantly becomes Ryans - he has a crazy obsession)
Dallin and Tyler - best buds

Dallin showing off the picture of his beloved red rocket bike

Dallin loving every minute of his Star Wars cake

So, Dallin was obsessed with the idea of having a Star Wars party. The funny thing is that he know very little about Star Wars other than older boys think that it is cool. He has never seen any of Star Wars and I asked him if he even knew any of the characters names and he didn't even know one, but every time I asked him what kind of party he wanted, it was always, "STAR WARS!!!" So, Star Wars it was. We had our own little family party when we were at my parents house for the 4th of July. Now Dallin REALLY wanted a bike for his birthday. He had been getting very frustrated that he couldn't keep up with Julia on his tricycle. So, we had gone looking at bikes at Wal-Mart and he fell in love with a red rocket bike. I was thrilled because it looked like a cool bike and it was also the least expensive. I love it when that happens. Anyway, he was so in love with that bike, in the days approaching his bike he would try to tell me in subtle ways that he wanted that bike for his birthday. A couple of times in the morning he would come up to me and say things like, "I had the best dream last night mommy! I was riding my red rocket bike. Can I please get that red rocket bike?" One time when I dropped him off at a friends house so that I could take Julia to buy him a little present for his birthday this was a conversation that transpired in the car:
Dallin: "Julia can you please buy me that red rocket bike for my birthday present?"
Julia: "Dallin, I don't have enough money to buy that for you."
Dallin: "If I gave you my money too, would that be enough?"
Needless to say, we were all so excited to give him his red rocket bike for his birthday. We couldn't bring it in the car without him seeing it, so we just took a picture of it and gave that to him when we had our little family party at my parents house. About a week after his birthday my friend Katie and I threw a little combined Star Wars party for our boys. Dallin and Tyler and best buds and both had a blast having a party together. I really was just a glorified play date at the park with water balloons, bubbles and birthday cake. I love how easy it is to satisfy little kids.




0 comments: