Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Art Inspired by Daddy

We have recently had some art pictures inspired by Daddy lately. A friend gave me a great idea to take pictures of your kids art work to remember them.
This was a Valentine's art project that Julia did at school and the kids were supposed to write what love meant to them. Most kids wrote pretty typical things, but this is what Julia wrote. Melts a parent's heart.

This was a picture that Dallin made at Joy School that was supposed to be about the best day in his life. He explained to me that this was Daddy and himself playing soccer at the park and it really was the best day of his life. Wow!!! I love the simplicity of kids!

This was a little visual aid that I made with the Joy School kids when I was teaching them the song "If you chance to meet a frown, change it for a smile ..." Anyway, I let the kids color the eyes to make them different, and this is how Dallin colored his saying it was Daddy with his allergies. Needless to say Daddy has red eyes a lot around here. Poor guy - that is how his kids are going to remember him. Pretty funny!

1 comments:

K. Bitton said...

cute! I love what little kids have to say. I've heard of taking pictures of their work instead of keeping ALL of it, is that what you are doing? I think I might start. Grace can't let go of anything and it's too much fun to see what she comes up with. Anyway, glad to get an update:) We'll see you guys in about 4.5 months, and I can't wait to get together with everyone:) Hope you have a great weekend! Love ya!