Julia taking her role seriously as the official story teller
our pirate cupcakes with skull flags and gummy sharks
our table decorations with some pirate booty
The party crew
Ever since I have had a little boy, I have always wanted to do a Pirate birthday party. My boys have usually picked character themed party ideas though like Diego, Lightening McQueen and Star Wars. But, this year I was able to sway Dallin into thinking that a pirate party would be really cool which I have to admit it was. We did everything from coloring treasure maps, to pin the patch on the pirate (drawn by Jared), painting and decorating our own treasure chests, a bean bag toss with a pirate ship, making our own pirate hats, a story reading of "How I Became a Pirate" by Julia and a treasure hunt with a treasure box pinata at the end. We had the best decorations and we even had sound effects with the sounds and songs from the original Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland that I was able to download from Itunes. Julia got so into the whole thing (my in-house party planner) that she wanted us all to dress up like pirates too. I had to remind her probably 10 times that day that this was Dallin's party not hers. :) We had such a blast and I loved every minute of it. Even though we could use more girls around here, this was definitely a fun boy moment! Happy Birthday Dallin my big 5 year old!

0 comments:
Post a Comment