Monday, October 11, 2010

An ideal Sunday with family!


I'm really bugged at myself that I didn't take any pictures of our fun Sunday adventure, so I'll just have to take a mental picture and not forget. Yesterday our Sunday started just like any other and we went to church, but we left early to meet up with my parents who were staying in Laguna Beach for a couple of days for work. We knew it was our only chance to let the kids see them while they were in the area so we seized the moment and drove up there. We knew that it was still Sunday and so we packed a dinner up for all of us, picked up my parents at their hotel and went to a nearby park that overlooked the ocean. The weather was perfect and my kids couldn't believe that we were allowing them to play at a park on Sunday. There were only a couple of other families there during the whole afternoon and it was so peaceful. We played on the playground, played some board games, rolled down the hills and laughed a lot! When the sun was going down we took my parents back to their hotel and let the kids see their awesome room at the Surf and Sand where the ocean literally comes under their balcony when the tide is high. The kids thought that is was so cool and Ryan cried almost the whole time home saying, "I don't want to go home! I want to stay with Grandma and Grandpa!" I just wish that we lived closer to them because they miss their grandparents so much! It was such a perfect afternoon and I hope I'll never forget such a fun memory.

1 comments:

Katherine Shupe said...

You definitely won't forget such a perfect Sunday. Your kids were talking about it all day...they won't forget either.