It was the famous California 4th grade missions project. I remember helping my many younger siblings with this project. I knew it was coming and I was dreading it! The kids in Julia's class could get extra credit for making a model of the mission that they were assigned to write about. Julia being the overachiever that she is, really wanted to do it. All I could think of was a huge mess with little boys ruining it with balls being hurled in the air. I decided that it wouldn't hurt if I emailed Julia's teacher asking her for a possible alternate extra credit project. I proposed that we would go to a mission, learn about it, take pictures and have Julia make a scrapbook out of it instead of the model. After all, going to a mission was going to be way more educational than gluing sugar cubes together late at night - right? Julia's teacher totally went for it and said that she could actually change her written report to whichever one we decided we would go to - SCORE! So, for President's Day, Jared and I took the kids to San Juan Capistrano which is the Jewel of the Missions. It was so beautiful and we were even able to meet up with my sister Lorraine and her hubby Steven there for a couple hours since they live right near by. It was a fun and educational outing for all of us. Gave us something to do for the day off and Julia got extra credit. All in all it was a great day!
Summertime Sweets
3 weeks ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment