Saturday, April 21, 2012

Mother - Son Dance

Dallin came home from school one day with a flyer to the Mother/Son Dance.  He was so excited about it you would have thought it was Christmas.  Now those of you who know Dallin know also that he has a passion for dancing, and he takes it very seriously.  Whenever there is music on in the house, he immediately stops what he is doing and answers to the call of the beat and begins to dance.  It cracks us all up.  Soooo, when he had a formal invitation to show off his skills, he was thrilled.  Now me on the other hand likes to stay under the radar and haven't been to an official "dance" in probably 13 plus years.  I really don't know very many moms at this new school and don't have the same confidence skills as Dallin.  But, how could I deny a cute face like that?  I couldn't, and reluctantly said I would go.  It was so much fun to see how proud Dallin was of his mom and he was literally the star of the show.  There were multiple adults that came up to me saying what a good little dancer he was and that I better watch out when he gets to be a teenager.  Oh boy - I don't know what I have gotten myself into!  Needless to say we had a great time and I know that Dallin felt special that night on our date!  Love you Dal!

0 comments: