Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our "INCREDIBLE" Halloween

Our Incredibles family

The trick or treating party

Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack (aka Julia, Dallin and Ryan)

Julia enjoying her night of being a celebrity

Mr. Incredible with my amazing boys

The cute backdrop at Disneyland


Ryan demonstrating his strength in scooping out the pumpkin seeds

Our pumpkin carving party

We had a great Halloween this year! It is so fun to watch my kids get so excited about every little thing we did. Even making hanging paper bats was the highlight of the day for Dallin. Julia had been requesting the last couple of years that we be the "Incredibles" for Halloween considering the make-up of our family dynamics fit perfectly. This year, I gave in and had quite the quest trying to find and make all of the costumes. Thank goodness for printable iron-on transfers. It was kind of a fun challenge to take on and the results were - well I think successful! We carved pumpkins on Thursday night, went to Disneyland on Friday night for the special Halloween fireworks and went to a fun dinner and trick-or-treating party with the Shupe's. Who could ask for more? I have to mention though that when we went to Disneyland, we went in our costumes thinking that it would be fun - I had no idea the kind of attention that we would draw. Disneyland should be paying us as one of their characters because we were celebrities there. Literally every other person was making some sort of comment about us and our costumes whether it was smiles, pointing, comments about our costumes or debates about whether or not there are two or three kids in the "Incredibles" family. My kids thought that it was great! One little boy was really upset that he didn't get to go on the Pooh Bear ride with the Incredibles family and was waving goodbye when our family left. Julia thought that it was so fun that she wants to be a coordinating costume family every year - oh boy, what did I get myself into?

4 comments:

Loren, Carrie, and Tayler said...

I believe it is safe to say you are "TOTALLY" out of control :). My kids were lucky they had costumes this year and we weren't pulling out rolls of toilet paper to make last minute mummies! You always do everything perfect! I'm sure your kiddos will have so many fun memories of the holidays with you as their mommy! (I also wish I was your visiting teachie!)

Melanie said...

You are the Incredibles. YOu guys have the perfect family for that and you are so fun to pull that off!!! Looks like fun all around!

Heather said...

How cute are you guys as the incredibles .... and your little treats - well, I love it all! The candy bars and cookies turned out so cute!

K. Bitton said...

Those costumes are perfect! Cute cookies, we tried to make some and make them cute, yours looked way better! I love how creative you are!