Monday, August 16, 2010

My latest Pottery Barn imatation

The original picture from Pottery Barn
My cut wood from the hardware store
First step in painting
Finished product with the details - wish this was a better picture

I have decorated Dallin's bedroom in a surfer theme and am always looking for inspiration in the Pottery Barn catalog. My only problem is that I can't justify spending $40 bucks for a single piece of painted wood. So, I muster up a little courage and creativity and get to work. I went to the hardware store and had a piece of wood cut into 8 pieces and after a couple of hours and only a few dollars worth of paint and wood had an almost exact replica for a fraction of the price. It really looks so cute in Dallin's room and adds a lot of color. What do you think?

2 comments:

Maren said...

very cute angela!

Lorraine said...

Yay!! :)
I'm so happy they turned out so well! You should post a picture of how they look in Dallin's room!