Back at Christmas, I bought this Butterfly Pavilion for the kids and we never got around to opening it up until this summer. The company sends you live caterpillars that you watch turn into a chrysalis. You then transplant them into the pavilion where they hatch and turn into beautiful butterflies. It was fun for the kids to learn and see first hand how it all works. We fed the butterflies orange slices and watermelon - it was exciting to watch their long tongues reach out to eat. After we kept the full grown butterflies for a couple of weeks we all decided that it would be best to let our "babies" go so they could live in the wild. It was sad to see them go, but we had such a great time learning all about Painted Lady butterflies!
Summertime Sweets
3 weeks ago

1 comments:
I love it. I have to admit...I am a little sad you let them go as well. They were like family pets for the past several weeks. I will miss my caterpillar updates from the kids.
Post a Comment