Okay, so I forgot my camera on our weekend adventure so we had to settle with phone pics, but we had a great last weekend before school started. Jared took half the day off on Friday and we took the kids to go see the movie Nanny McPhee returns. It was actually a pretty cute sequel to the first which I really enjoyed too. Then we headed out to a mall in Carlsbad. I had been told by a friend that this is a fun mall to take your kids to. This mall had a pet store with the cutest puppies and my kids fell in love. We even got to take one out to play with for a few minutes - they were in heaven. They also had a Disney store there and the kids loved it too. At the other end of the mall there was even a carousel to ride. We concluded that evening with dinner at Ruby's Diner which is a family favorite.
On Saturday we took a day trip out to Los Angeles to hit the Natural Science museum. I had remembering loving this museum when my mom would take us as little kids and I was not disappointed at all taking my kids. They even had a special exhibit with live butterflies flying around. It was amazing! In fact we had planned on going to the Science museum also but ended up spending the whole day at the Natural History museum. We'll just have to go up there again! Jared would say that the day ended even better when BYU won their first football game of the season that night too.
We ended the weekend by taking the kids on Monday to Dos Picos campground and spending the afternoon there taking hikes, playing with balls and enjoying the playground there. I love having weekends like this.

0 comments:
Post a Comment