Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bitton Family Reunion 2008






Well, Jared and I were in charge of the Bitton Family Reunion this year. We decided to have it in California at Big Sur which is on the coast just south of Monterey. Jared and I planned to arrive a day early to have an extra time to get set up. Well, we ended up setting up a tent in the dark at about 10:30pm. The rest of the family was going to arrive the next afternoon. We were in charge of the first meal in which we roasted hot dogs (on my homemade buns), watermelon, veggie dip and chips. We also had to have the traditional smores too.

The first whole day, we drove to Monterey and went to the aquarium with all the kids. We then went to the pier and ate clam chowder in sour dough bread bowls and then spent the rest of the afternoon at the beach. I think all the Idaho and Utah family especially enjoyed to beach.

The next day was supposed to be a day of games and activities at the campground. Well, it turned out to be a record breaking heat wave of over 100 degrees. I felt so bad, and most of us spent the day sitting with our chairs in the river or in our cars with the air conditioning on. It was pretty bad (I especially felt bad for my 5 pregnant sisters-in-law). All in all, I think that everyone had fun especially the kids. However we did experience a lot of amazed campers. A number of comments were made about how large and loud and how many little kids there were in our group. If only they knew how large our group will be when all is said and done. I'm sure that we are a novelty to most people especially in California. We are going to have to get creative in our reunions because of our size. But it sure is fun being a part of such an amazing large family.

0 comments: