Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Part 1 of our email Valentine
Part 2 of our email
Julia off to school with her Valentines
My experiment (inspiration from a Primary leadership meeting)
We had a great Valentine's this year. I truly enjoy the holidays so much more because my kids get so excited about them. Julia and I made homemade Valentine's for her class again this year -which really turned out cute. We also made little Valentine flower pots for teachers and close friends too. This was a new experiment and it turned out great! Even though on Valentine's Day Jared, the boys and I all stayed home from church with colds again, we started the day with pink heart pancakes and ended with Jared's favorite tri-tip dinner. After church the kids posed for our email Valentine to long-distance family and had fun with Jared making homemade Valentine's for each other. Overall, it was a great day hanging out and sharing the love.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Angela - Your little cookies in the pot turned out super cute! I love them - so sad to see this holiday go by!
Did you get my little treat from Julia? Sorry that you guys weren't feeling well. - I also passed out treats {from us, of course} to Melanie and Abbey! I need to catch Aubree and Amanda soon!

K. Bitton said...

So cute ang!! I love how creative you are. Glad to hear you had an enjoyable day! Love ya!

Melanie said...

Those cookies in the pot looked dang cute and tasted amazing too! Thanks again for the delish cookies tonight. So soft and good....seriously.
see you tomorrow!

Kristin said...

What a cute idea, you're so creative. I do think watching the kids get excited about the holidays makes them even better too! I need to attempt the play dough. Matisyn LOVES it and I share the love/hate relationship with you, but how can I deny her when it entertains her and makes her happy for so long! Sorry this comment is so long, but I meant to tell you that I'm sad we missed getting to visit you when we were in San Diego. We only had less than 24 hours, and with my brother having a baby, it was pretty packed. I'd love to see where you live and get to catch up with you again.