Friday, February 26, 2010

Mickey Mouse Rocks!


A couple of months ago, Dallin had it in his mind that he wanted to give Mickey Mouse a picture that he was going to draw. So, Dallin was asking me how he would give it to him. I said, "Maybe next time we are at Disneyland we can give it to him." Thinking in my mind that he would soon forget about it and we would move on. He then wanted to know where Mickey Mouse lived at Disneyland and how he would be able to give it to him even if he didn't see him next time he went. I didn't know what to say and blanked. Dallin then said, " I KNOW!!! We can just send it to him - that way he will get it for sure! Can you get me Mickey's address please." What was I supposed to say? So I jumped on the Internet hoping to come up with something and after some time searching there was a question that someone had posted asking if Mickey had an email but found a generic Disney address. I just thought - oh, this will just have to do, Dallin will have no idea where this is really going and I can get back to work. So, we stuck this totally cute little drawing that Dallin made of him and Mickey Mouse holding hands with his name above his stick figure (I wish now that I had taken a picture of it!) and stuck it in the mail to a very generic Disney Corporation address. I never really thought of it again until a few weeks ago when a large white envelope in the mail addressed to Dallin came from Disneyland. I still couldn't think what this could possibly be until we opened it and this is what we found. I am so impressed that Mickey Mouse found the time to autograph a picture addressed to Dallin and send it to him in the mail - WAY TO GO MICKEY!!! It made him feel so special and it just made me love Mickey even more!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

That is so great!! It's so fun that places like Disney do that for kids. It's a memory that he'll have forever!