Dallin thrilled to see his bears
Our last experience at the zoo was not so good. Dallin had had a major melt down and I felt like never going again. However, Veteran's Day was coming and we had a random day off school in the middle of the week. Julia had been invited to go to Lego Land and I knew that I had to somehow make the day special for my boys too. So, I decided that I would brave the zoo again but only with a major pep talk to Dallin explaining that if his behavior was not great we would immediately leave the zoo. Dallin was convinced that he could do it and he would not let me down, so we decided to try again. What a night and day experience we had. Although the zoo was pretty crowded, we had an amazing time. Dallin's request was that we get to see the bears this time (the thing that lead to the melt down last time). So, knowing that Ryan was just along for the ride, we decided that we would try to see every bear possible at the zoo. We started out looking at all the cool reptiles and snakes and then went on the sky ride that took us to the top of the zoo where the polar bears were. We were not disappointed with the bears because all of them were very active that day and put on a great show for us. We saw polar bears, panda bears, sun bears, brown bears, grizzly bears, black bears, sloth bears, and ever koala bears. It was so much fun just to take Dallin and Ryan and have this adventure looking for bears. They were so well behaved that we decided on our way home to get milk shakes from In-N-Out. Our fun day concluded with us meeting daddy at the big movie theaters (as they call it) and watching a totally boy movie - Megamind. A great ending to a fun special day with the boys!

1 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good experience. I so know what you mean with the mental build up to tackle an outing. I have to prep myself mentally and then hope something won't set either of my kids off. So fun! It's fun to keep up with your family this way. I wanted to send you a Christmas card, but I realized I don't have your address. If you get a chance can you send it to me? You can just send it in a comment on my blog and I won't post the comment. I have the comment moderation set up or whatever that is. Hope you're doing well and enjoying the holidays. Kristin
Post a Comment