Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ryan's 1st Birthday




I love first birthdays. So simple and yet so sweet. I decided to make Ryan's birthday special by taking him and Dallin to the local aquarium. He had a blast and loved the big fish tank. That smile of sheer joy was totally worth it. When we picked up Julia from school the kids were determined to find Ryan an Elmo balloon. We went to a party store and they only had a very expensive large singing Elmo balloon so we walked to a grocery store where we failed again. Finally we went to an Alberston's were we found a Sesame Street birthday balloon and the kids were satisfied. We also went to a pet store for his birthday and Ryan would squeal in delight at all the fish tanks. I had let the older kids buy a gift for Ryan to make this a special occasion for them too. It was really cute watching Dallin cut and wrap the gift that he bought for Ryan.

I just can't believe that it has already been a year that Ryan has been a part of our family, but I also can't really imagine life without him. He has been such a joy and delight in our family. Happy Birthday baby Ryan we love you so much!

3 comments:

Maren said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!! What a cute birthday boy.

Britney said...

Wow. Can he look any more like his big brother? He is so dang cute. I'm so sad we aren't there to see him grow and change. I can't believe he's a year. Your journaling is so sweet. I almost cried.

Britney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.