Tuesday, January 5, 2010

We're getting ready for Christmas

We decided to put our tree in the family room this year
Ryan very proud of our completed puzzle
Ryan - truly means our little king
My personal taste tester
one of our many messy Christmas projects
Dallin and Ryan making decorations for me
We had so much fun getting ready for Christmas this year. I especially enjoyed seeing Ryan get so excited about Christmas this year. He really didn't have any memories of last year, so everything seemed so new and exciting to him. My friend Melanie helped me start a new tradition where every day in the month of December the kids get to look forward to having a note inside each day of our December advent calender that would tell them of some fun little activity we would do for the day. The activities consisted of things like frosting sugar cookies, or having a Christmas movie night or making a craft to driving around the best neighborhoods of Christmas lights. They would get so excited to find out what the fun activity would be for the day. I think that I will have to keep up the tradition because I really enjoyed figuring out something fun to surprise the kids with too.

0 comments: